Sunday, 3 March 2013

Project Perfection: Part Eleven

Emily+Facts - Warhol Style Preparation!

My previous post was about Warhol's Marilyn Monroe and how I was going to use it for inspiration for my finale! Well, now I can say I'm in the motion of doing just that, by taking one of my 'Emily' photos from my first photoshoot, then editing it on photoshop to nine faces and furthermore printing them onto acetate to then be put onto a screen for me to hand print with different colours.


























I've also been looking at statistics and facts during my project about size and young girls in particular. I think if i included these into my prints by printing on top of the nine faces, it would add extra seriousness to the topic and oomph to the prints!

I've been gathering facts and statistics relating to size and models from different websites, in which I've copied onto word, to then print onto acetate and put onto a screen, like the nine faces I've done. With this, I can experiment with contrasting colours to the nine faces and see how well the text goes onto the faces and which colours and mediums to use.


This seems like such an easy yet complicated process but I think it'll be work it, as I've always wanted to know how to do at least one type of print, so I can use this again in future projects. I just wish I had discovered it last year, but It's come in great use with this project as it kind of reflects the whole idea of 'making up a face' as it would be.

Liv xo

No comments:

Post a Comment