Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Project Perfection: Part Four



My next decision is to look at Deborah Turbeville as a contextual, seeing as her work is very black and white, empowering and classic. I like everything to do with the way she creates composition with her models, the expressionism of the sensuality and sophistication. It's liberating! 

 Her work fluctuated between fashion magazine and art gallery, never staying with just one or the other. Her photo's either blurry, grainy, scratched, marked or sellotaped with pure intent to look at them in a non- American way. It's not obvious fashion photography!

My Cousin



I've used my cousin as my example to play around with, in the style of Turbeville's work. I've selected parts of her face to work with, mainly her eyes, and over layed a coloured print of her just her eyes onto a monotone print of her face. I've done 3 of these, each with a different type of adhesive/sealant - masking tape, behind the monotone print with glue/double sided sticky tape. I then decided to cut out the eyes altogether and write in the word 'eyes' to show what would be there. This is an example of what someone wouldn't like about themselves, so an easy way of showing that idea is to just write the aspect which is hidden.

'She captures the sensuality and sophistication of a woman as only another woman can'
- Donna Karen

Liv xo


No comments:

Post a Comment