Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Project Perfection: Part Five



Woodman's work

Emin's work
      

Emin and Woodman Style...
Okay, so Tracey Emin and Francesca Woodman are officially inspirational individuals! I found them so peculiar yet so fascinating to look at, as they're completely different artists but give a great presence through their work.


Emin's work is based on part autobiography, part creative expression. I love the fact she has based her ideas on reality and some of the events she's been though have been reflected in her work. 'My Bed' is just one big portrayal of life through Tracey Emin's eyes. 'Everyone I Have Ever Slept With' 1963-1995 is a very bizarre yet courageous piece as she is displaying her sex life to the world to interpret without any proper explanation. It's just wow!



 Francesca Woodman is a black and white photographer, mainly featuring herself, portraying young women who are naked, blurred, merged within their surroundings or whose faces are obscured. Her photographs exhibit many influences from symbolism and surrealism to fashion photography and Baroque painting. 


They're fabulous, each to their own.

Liv xo

No comments:

Post a Comment