Friday, 1 February 2013

Project Perfection: Part Six



Body Image Dove Campaign and Collage...






Body Image is such a delicate subject for some. For others it's a here nor there matter. I don't know if I've said this yet, but I chose this project because it's a very personal topic to myself, as I have an ongoing problem with my body image and appearance. 

 I know it's become a big issue in the media and that has an effect on the young generations of today. I've decided to add in bits from media sources to show the effect it has on people. 

I've done a double page spread on the Dove Campaign, my own photoshoot showing I understand the Dove Campaigns work and a collage of magazine cut outs of how 'perfection' is portrayed with a special 'body image' report.

 The Dove Campaign for Real Beauty shows a powerful youtube video of reality in the fashion industry and how perfection is achieved. The fact it shows a 'before' and 'after' is a real insight to editing and technology usage for billboards, magazines, fashion shoots, posters etc. Therefore I decided to shoot away and use myself as a model with make-up to produce a similar routine with a beginning and end picture.The video of the little girl and the caption 'talk to your daughter before the beauty industry does' as well as the little girl having the smallest bit of lipstick on, makes such a drastic effect! Click this link to watch the video :) - Beauty Pressure

My magazine collage is mainly capturing phrases and images related to positives and negatives of body image and what beauty has become. I've highlighted/marked the bits that I find are significant to the project. Phrases like 'girl meets boy' can be saying that women are trying to dress/look more like men - a male kinda' style! The picture of Beth Ditto and Kate Moss hugging is a good representation of people's view on 'imperfection' vs 'perfection' as Beth is not the norm for the beauty industry and Kate is a model. I've added in bits and bobs from the Guardian's Body Image Report - 'Uncomfortable in our own skin' including phrases and facts about the industry and the effects it has.

  Dove Evolution - Click this link to see 'perfection' in the making!





Have we created an unattainable image of perfection?

P.S. This is a little video showing photoshop.

Liv xo

No comments:

Post a Comment